Tips on caring for your vegan handbag
You’re the owner of a vegan handbag or are considering making the switch to vegan accessories? Congratulations! You're helping reduce your environmental impact and supporting sustainable fashion. Thank you, you’re the best!
Caring for your new vegan bag is important to ensure that it lasts long and looks great. So we are happy to share with you some tips on how to care for your vegan handbag.
How to clean vegan bags?
Cleaning your vegan bag is important to maintaining its quality. Use a cleaner made specifically for the material, and make sure you shine it up with some cloth that’s clean too! Don't forget about all of those metal parts - they can get tarnished over time if left unattended. So make sure you clean them well too.
It’s also important to give your bag a quick sweep with a delicate dry fabric every other day. This won’t take you long, however it will help to save the appearance of your vegan handbag.
Stains happen, we know. Sometimes they can destroy your bag’s appearance, so it’s essential to remove them when you notice them. Stains from food can be easily removed with chalk powder. Here’s how to do that: smash white chalk, leave it on the stain for some time and then dust it off with a clean fabric. That’s it, you’re ready to go!
What’s more, caring for your vegan bag is very much like taking good care of your skin. Both will benefit from the right cream as we age - particularly if you're looking to protect against wrinkles and lines!
A good way around this is by applying cream or oil at regular intervals and as required; these natural products will help hydrate the material while maintaining colorfastness over time.
- Never clean vegan handbags with liquor or mineral spirits. These liquids are drying out the plant-based materials.
- Don’t let water drench into your bag. If the bag gets wet, don’t dry it with a hairdryer because it will cause the material to crinkle and dry up. Instead, absorb water with a towel and leave it to air dry.
- Don't utilize waxes or silicone items because they clog up vegan material pores and may render them incapable to be cleaned.
How to store vegan bags?
Make sure your bag is always looking its best by storing it correctly! First off, keep the handbag in its own unique dust pack and fill with stuffing. You can also use butter paper to keep up its shape.
If you keep the handbag in the dust pack for too long, you'll need to air it at regular intervals (for example, once in 2 weeks). It will prevent the growth of mold.
Another little trick that will save your handbag is keeping your beauty care products in a vanity bag. When the cover of your lipstick tumbles off or foundation spills out, your bag’s inside is secured.
When storing your bags, lay them upright or flat rather than hanging them. This helps to avoid extra stress on straps and seams.
- Don’t keep your handbag in a place with direct sunlight.
- When storing your bags, make sure that you don't stack them on top of each other. This could cause damage to structured bags and scratches or dents.
- Don’t store your bags inside a plastic or vinyl bag. If you store your bag inside a plastic or vinyl bag, this could lead to the growth of moisture on it which will result in mildewing.
- Don’t overstuff your bag. Be cautious of the weight you carry in your handbag to preserve the strap and seams.
With these simple tips on how to care for and store your vegan bag, you'll be able to enjoy years of use without worry!