6 tips on how to take care of vegan leather
We already talked about the advantages of vegan materials And if you're already letting that amazing feeling sunk in as you see your new faux textile bag, we're here to serve you some useful tips on how to make sure that your product would be there for you longer.
- Water and soap solve it all: forget about fancy and expensive cleaning products. All you need is some water and soap. Also, don't use bleach as it may damage the garment.
- Gentle moves only: it’s very irritating to see those spots, especially on a new item, but as much as you want them gone, don’t rub it too hard, as you may cause scratches on the surface.
- Soft cloth vs paper towels: once you’re done cleaning the item, use a soft cloth to dry it up instead of a paper towel, or even worse, an abrasive sponge. This way, you’re risking damaging the garment.
- Treat it like your own skin: meaning, don’t leave it in direct sunlight or cold as it will deform the colour of the material .
- No silicone shine: don’t use products that have silicone in them to make the product shinier. This way, you risk damaging the finish.
- Store your accessories and garments with care and love: these things are made to last, so make sure to store them safely, away from sources of heat and cold, in a dry place.
One more extra tip: when you’re buying an item, and someone is offering you a cleaning product for this item, don’t run away saying that you have plenty of these at home. Make sure that this is what you need and get all the information you can from the professionals. Also, don’t forget that you can always contact the manufacturer for more information. The more you know, the longer you’ll be able to enjoy your faux textile masterpiece.